Fourth Sunday Intergenerational Service
At 10:15am on the fourth Sunday of every month St. Luke's celebrates the "youngest among us" with a special Children's inter-generational Service. This is a short half hour service with simple prayers and songs designed and selected to include everyone. Often times the prayers and songs involve hand and/or body motions so that we have the experience of using our complete selves in worship. In outline form the service is conducted as follows:
- Gathering Song: We march around the room and gather around the table.
- Opening prayer (with motions.. sometimes sung, sometimes said)
- Theme/activity time (usually a short activity and story involving everyone in a scripture based formation activity.. such as filling bags of food while reflecting on the feeding of the five thousand; opening the fruits of the Spirit; confession stones based on Ezekial 36:26; etc.)
- Sharing the Peace of Christ (hugs/handshakes with neighbors)
- Preparing the Table/taking the Offering (emphasis on preparing and sharing)
- Prayers over the gifts: Praising, remembering, thanking, blessing...
- Sharing the sacred meal
- Final Prayer & Song
- Snack Time